Kingswood West Runton — language school in the UK
Program description and what is included
International students choosing our standard English as a Foreign Language (EFL) program will receive a minimum of 15 hours of interactive language tuition per week in classes of up to 15 students, alongside a fun, challenging and exhilarating activity program.
The focus is on developing confidence in English language with particular emphasis on speaking and listening. Students gain a certificate of English language and a course report on the progress they have made during their time with us. Outside of the summer months this program can be tailored to your needs with additional excursions.
Rates shown are per person and include the following:
• Full board accommodation
• 15 hours of English lessons delivered by real teachers, Monday to Friday, 3 hours per day
• Full activity programme
• 1.5 days of excursion per 7 nights, delivered by our members of staff, tickets and transport included
• Adults/Leaders are free on a 1/10 ratio
• Leaders charged at 50% of cost if outside of this ratio
• UK Transport/transfer included for groups of 10 or more from nearest arrival (UK) airport to centre
• All London airports and railway stations (St Pancras, Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted and Luton included for Grosvenor Hall and Isle of Wight)
• Groups less than 10 will be priced on request
• If transfers are not required - please deduct £50 per person from the cost
• Laundry for stays of 7 nights or more
• Leaders are expected to remain with students at all times to help in the e vent of any issue and to provide
support for the students. They must also be fully contactable whilst staying with us and have a mobile
number that works in the UK.
• We require a minimum of one adult per 15 students and it is r ecommended (ideal) that you have a leader
of each gender if traveling with mixed students
• Kingswood have a strict safeguarding policy and will notify all r elevant authorities in the event of any
disclosures or issues. Please ask us about this! It is in place to pr ovide a safe environment for our guests,
staff and visitors
Perched high on cliff tops overlooking the North Norfolk coastline, this former girls’ boarding school is set in beautiful pine-fringed grounds. The main building and activities are all fairly close together within three minutes’ walk, giving this centre a friendly campus feel, however this 30 acre site is packed with indoor and outdoor activity facilities.
*From the 28th of June until the 30th of August, the age requirements are between 8 and 14.
Why choose this school
- Sweeping cliff top views, beautiful sandy beaches and pine-fringed grounds surround the centre, located in a region boasting wildlife sanctuaries, famous fossils and the biggest skies in the country.
- Perfectly positioned within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and on a stretch of coastline designated a Site of Special Scientific Interest.
- Situated in 30 acres of grounds and packed with recreational facilities.
- West Runton has standard dormitory style accommodation. Rooms range from 6-16 bed dormitories. Accommodation is spread across 5 separate buildings to suit all needs, from log cabins to purpose built dormitory blocks. All accommodation buildings have gender-separated bathroom and shower facilities and party leader rooms close by. Sheets, duvets and pillows are provided for all guests.
- To fuel young guests during a long day of thrilling adventure activities, we serve three meals per day, with lots of choice and seasonal variations. Each day there is a carefully balanced and nutritional meal plan, recently updated to meet and exceed the latest Government standards on young people's meals.
- Indoors: An all-weather activity centre
- Outdoors: Adrenaline-packed climbing and high rope activities, motorsports tracks, archery ranges, caving and new bushcraft zones
Hobbies and clubs
- Gift shop: Our on-site shops sell snacks and drinks, as well as postcards, souvenirs, games and mementos
- Other facilities: Diner, cinema and social hub
Recommended arrival cities
- London Gatwick Airport - 210 minutes
- London Heathrow Airport - 180 minutes
Day. Excursion to Canterbury Cathedral
Day. Excursion to London